Although the best period for a woman to bear children is in her 20s, due to various reasons like career and not being ready to start a family. However, with age, the quality of the eggs in the woman's body degrades, making it difficult, sometimes even impossible for her to get pregnant in her late 30s and afterwards.
Hence, it becomes quite necessary for both, the woman as well as her partner to plan ahead of time about starting a family
Factors that matter
- Age of both partners
- Overall health of the mother as well as the father
- Use of contraceptives
- Previous surgeries performed by either partner
- As the woman ages after 30, the quality of the eggs produced by her body starts to deteriorate rapidly
- This can make it impossible for her to get pregnant
- Also, in the slight chance that she does get pregnant, there is a higher risk of having an ectopic pregnancy (miscarriage)
- It can also be more strenuous for the woman to bear a child at such a late age than it would be in her 20s, due to her overall physical health conditions
- Contraceptive implants may be used to delay pregnancy, before the first child or between two children to have sufficient spacing
- Most psychologists would agree that a gap of three to three and a half years between children is optimum
Importance of Family Planning
- Family planning is an important process in the life of a couple, both for the mother as well as her partner.
- Improper family planning can result in problems faced during pregnancy, and may even result in the couple not having a family at all.
- It is quite essential for both partners to strike a balance between their careers and family, as both require their time and attention.
"Authored By Dr.Niraj Mahajan"